Show All Results
Account Manager, Life Science (Pharma) - Boston
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has a current opening as an Account Manager, Life Science. In this field sales position, you will focus on a specific set of pharma accounts assigned within your territory of Boston and the surrounding area, while achieving sales and expense goals. You will be devising and carrying out business plans and strategies to protect, expand and grow existing accounts on selling all 300,000 MilliporeSigma products. Territories may expand to meet business needs.
- Achieve sales targets established by the Sales Director
- Plan accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis
- Manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key account team members: end users, procurement, and key opinion leaders
- Maintain technical and application competence and apply this knowledge in a manner that will enable him/her to contribute to our products and services, to promote and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Sustain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation, upholding Company core values at all times
- Schedule and implement seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory
- Handle the overall distribution relationship within the territory to include - but not limited to – high impact activities (ROA), business reviews and training
- Run effective pricing strategies such as contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations
- Travel in the Boston area up to 60% by vehicle
- Overnight travel 5-10%
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Business
- 2+ years direct sales and/or marketing management experience
- Master’s degree with laboratory experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets with business-to-business sales experience
- Solid technical understanding and demonstrable business competence
- Prior work experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience
- Relevant business sense to the Life Science market
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization inspiring collaboration to achieve results
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Protein Research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and POA’s (Plan of Action)
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and completing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs
- Consistent track record of Account Management skills including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html