Show All Results
Occupational Health Nurse
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Occupational Health Nurse provides coverage for on-site expert medical care and medical management of our employees, supporting Environmental, Health, and Safety professionals, Human Resources and all levels of Management. The Occupational Medical Monitoring Program management requires this role to perform all aspects of the function including scheduling appointments, meeting with the employee, reviewing health history, drawing blood, collecting urine, checking vital signs, height, weight, and spirometry, sending data to medical contract facility for clearance and/or arranging appointment with company physician through completion of the "Physician's Written Opinion".
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- Working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals.
- Able to frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents.
- Acuity of hearing is also required.
- Hours would be: 4 – 10-hour shifts, Monday – Thursday, 2 PM – 12:30 AM.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree in Nursing.
- An active/unrestricted LPN/LVN license.
- 1+ year emergency room or urgent care experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Professional nursing experience.
- Industrial and/or occupational health experience.
- Experience with Infectious disease.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health Management System software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to interact with employees and management.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html