Show All Results
N&I Field Patient Services Manager - West
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Neurology & Immunology (N&I) Field Patient Services Manager will play a vital role in helping patients and healthcare providers gain access to life changing therapies. This position will report to the Head of Field Patient Solutions & Customer Engagement as part of the Field Patient Services team. With intense passion for helping patients, the N&I Field Patient Services Manager represents EMD Serono by gaining a deep understanding of specific patient journeys to ensure a positive patient experience to EMD Serono’s products and services.
This position will have significant market impact on patient access to EMDS Neurology & Immunology (specifically in Multiple Sclerosis MS) and HIV Associated Wasting (HIVAW) products as well as other potential products both in existing and new therapeutic areas. This role is considered critical to ensure positive experiences – both patient and customer – with EMDS since timely treatment, unencumbered drug coverage and proper distribution is critical to both patients and practice operations.
The N&I Field Patient Services Manager will work within a matrix environment to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to secure optimized patient access and provide appropriate education through a focused effort on healthcare providers in community, institutional, and academic medical settings.
-Region- Seattle, Spokane, OR, UT or Phoenix N, Phoenix S, San Diego & Los Angeles
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The N&I Field Patient Services Manager is focused on the patient journey (from prescription to dispense and adherence) and interact with key stakeholders from the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) community in resolving complex access and coverage issues that may create barriers to product access for patients. Additionally, this position will serve as field partner of the AXIS Center to assist in educating healthcare providers on the support services and resolving access issues for Serostim, a mature product for HIVAW. This position is field based and requires ~50% travel to community and institutional healthcare providers within a designated territory. Importantly, those in this role will use their knowledge of drug coverage, patient assistance, and health policy to educate healthcare providers (both prescribers and office staff) and minimize access issues to ultimately help patients. Tasks and responsibilities may include the following:
- Act as the owner by leading the evaluation and implementation of patient access opportunities within a specific geographic area for all applicable patient types
- Work collaboratively with other EMD Serono counterparts within defined areas to identify and resolve barriers to patient access to EMD Serono products
- Act as the expert liaison to MS Lifelines and 3rd Party Specialty Pharmacies, and identify challenges, escalations or delays in therapy while working with any team members needed to resolve such issues
- Act as the field-based liaison to the AXIS Center and identify challenges, escalations or delays in therapy while working with any team members needed to resolve such issues
- Provide face-to-face, personalized issue resolution, including difficulties with prior authorizations and appeals arising with providers using EMD Serono’s products
- Educating provider offices on local and regional payer issues, coding, and appropriate claims submission processes
- Educate accounts on the availability of patient financial support programs, such as the Co-Pay Assistance and Patient Assistance Programs as appropriate and compliant as well as other services provided by MS Lifelines and the AXIS Center
- Liaising with MS LifeLines and AXIS Center regarding financial and other assistance programs or patient-specific issues
- Inform appropriate stakeholders of applicable payer utilization management tools and serve as the most proficient liaison between Field Patient Services and MS LifeLines or AXIS Center for any issue related to Rx use and enrollment
- Compliantly ensure a positive HCP and patient journey experience through outcomes-oriented collaborations with all EMDS stakeholders
- Identify as appropriate, any professional societies, alliances or organizations which provide education, programming, legislative balance or similar to supplement field expertise and further EMDS relationships in the MS therapeutic area for the benefit of patients
- Provide strategic and tactical input for continuous improvement purposes
- Develop tactical plans (i.e, educating, triaging, hub interactions, etc.) and execute against those plans in support of strategic access imperatives, such as key performance indicators or role metrics as identified by PSP leadership
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Business or Science Related Fields (required) and 8 years of experience
- Proficiency in private payer, Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid structures, systems, utilization management tools, and payment methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience in Specialty account management, managed care (payer / IDN accounts), Corporate Office or reimbursement for specialty pharmacy products
- Technical knowledge of prescription drug coverage policies, drug acquisition options (pharmacy, office dispensing, specialty pharmacy), healthcare payment methods from a provider, health plan, and/or specialty pharmacy concerns
- Live within 90 minutes of a major airport in the designated territory
- Ability to travel overnight per corporate policies within assigned geography and for internal events
- Proven Track Record of Delivering Results
- Proven experience in resolving difficult access challenges, including complex prior authorizations, appeals, and denials
- Demonstrated understanding of the appropriate use of patient health information (PHI) under HIPAA and other relevant legal and compliance aspects of performing the ARM role
- Detailed knowledge of neurology products, including MS therapies
- Experience in MS, Endocrinology or similar, such as sales, marketing, training, access or account management
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Pay range for this position - $66,700- $200, 100
-Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html