Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
*$7,000 sign-on bonus for this 2nd shift position*
(To be paid out in full after 90 days of employment)
The Associate Production Scientist at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI, will manufacture and evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department. Responsibilities include:
- Perform routine assays, processes, and unit operations
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Meet deadlines and complete work required to achieve group and departmental goals
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Document and complete logbooks and records consistent with quality guidelines
- Participate in quality audits as needed
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Assist in resolving any unsafe conditions
- Act as technical consultant and train personnel
- Work in both a large-scale process environment and a glass lab environment
- Work with open chemicals; wear appropriate protective gear including respirator, hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suites, gloves, safety shoes
- Routinely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull heavy materials
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of work experience in a chemical production, laboratory, or chemical engineering role
- Strong knowledge of chemistry, math, and general science
- Chemical production experience on the glassware scale
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry research lab or industrial experience
- Process techniques and unit operations experience
- Analytical techniques and equipment experience
- Experience with safe chemical handling methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Hours: 2nd shift, Mon - Fri, 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html