Show All Results
Senior Director, Head of Centralized Monitoring (m/f)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Your Role: You are responsible for delivering and executing the enterprise level central monitoring implementation plan including process definition, technology implementation, training, enterprise change management, communication plans leadership of the global Central Monitoring team. The virtual team will include members in the disciplines of Clinical Scientists, Clinical Delivery, Data Management, Biostatistics, as well as other disciplines within R&D.
You have demonstrable clinical development knowledge (particularly data management and clinical operations), a high level understanding of data integrations, exercise project management principles and possess risk-based monitoring experience. You have demonstrable experience managing a global team, including direct reports in a line management capacity. You comprehend all facets of the protocol and the output from risk identification and assessment. Critical thinking skills are necessary to guide a team that defines and analyzes data from complex, overlapping domains to make well-supported decisions.
You will evolve the data platform and develop extended data capabilities including, machine learning, applied AI, data science, data engineering, BI, and strategic analytics to drive innovation in data mining to ensure that we maintain the highest level of compliance through the review of its clinical and operational data. Due to the transition from a decentralized to centralized monitoring model, develop an enterprise change management strategy to engage leaders at all levels in the organization, as well as those performing monitoring tasks day-to-day to design and a centralized monitoring model that fits the organization.
Who you are:
- Twelve (12)+ years of experience in drug development, with deep experience in clinical operations, data management and analytics.
- Eight (8)+ years leading global teams in a highly matrixed environment with a proven track record of continually adapting innovation of processes and infrastructure for clinical study data mining, monitoring, management, storage, reporting and analytics.
- Graduate degree or studies in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, economics, or computer science preferred.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker with both data-dexterity and a facility for aligning leadership teams around a common vision and engaging large organizations in new strategies and business change management initiatives.
- Experience building and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!