Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Product Manager at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI is responsible for a designated product portfolio within the Biochemicals Business Field. This role is responsible for the strategy, innovation roadmap, and the sustainable sales growth and profitability of the portfolio. A major focus will be on analysis of the market and competitive environment to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value. This position will travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
This position will drive:
- Analysis of product performance and market knowledge:
- Assess key markets, technology trends, customer needs, target industries, accounts, personas, and competitors for the portfolio(s)
- Identify opportunities across workflows and customer segments
- Monitor and optimize existing product business including understanding sales/growth trends, product profitability trends, relative investments, and forecasts. Develop additional portfolio recommendations based on existing product performance.
- Conduct regular analysis of portfolio pricing, including price position vs competition and across geographies, pricing structure, and ongoing monitoring of profitability impacts.
- Partner with Commercial colleagues and Pricing team to ensure pricing that enables field sales success by determining optimal catalog prices, guidance on appropriate level of pricing / discounting, and monitoring of execution of pricing strategy
- New product development and product expansion projects:
- Act as business lead within cross-functional team on all relevant projects (Technology Development, Product Development, Application Development and Business Development), focusing on project scoping and planning, consistent team participation and collaboration, management and execution of critical activities, and accountability for driving or influencing appropriate decision-making. Ultimate responsibility for assessing project team and project direction and escalating as needed for resolution.
- Set appropriate direction and priority for new product launch plans for projects within responsibility. Establish market adoption plans, priorities and objectives based on assessment of critical success factors.
- Product sustainability & supply:
- Ability to lead a cross functional team integrating supply chain, procurement, quality, and production materials, to improve the supply chain needs for commercial requirements of the portfolio.
- Monitor supply chain performance along with Product Management Operations and interact as needed to maintain industry leading service & quality levels.
- Provide guidance from application/ business/ customer perspective as needed to improve or sustain product supply. Develop plans of action for customer and commercial implications for execution in collaboration with other functions in case of supply disruption.
- Partners closely with Product Management Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain for near- and long-term improvement initiatives, regular execution support communications, and margin monitoring and improvement.
- Portfolio Positioning Development and Go to Market Priorities:
- Partner with Commercial colleagues, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing to ensure optimal sales mix across channels: Account management, technical selling, digital sales, dealer channel, eBusiness channel.
- Partner with Digital marketing to develop web activities, tools and content for products and product categories
- Product application training, including competitive responses, for all appropriate sales channels
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other Life Science discipline
- 4+ years of lab experience
- 4+ years in product management, sales, marketing, and/or supply chain role within the Laboratory & Life Science field
- Capability of reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate opportunities into financial business plans
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization; willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to move others to a conclusion
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html