Show All Results
Associate Quality Control Chemist (Lab)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Quality Control Chemist at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI conducts chemical suitability tests in accordance with guidelines of our quality management system (QMS).
- Perform routine analytical tests and primary review in compliance with standardized methodology
- Operate analytical equipment and software such as titration(s), spectroscopy, chromatography, etc.
- Document and process analytical data
- Perform standard stoichiometry and unit conversions
- Compare analytical data against established library(s) and product specification(s)
- Maintain complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Safely handle, process, route, and request stock suitability samples
- Perform basic analytical problem solving
- Support general laboratory functions and routine maintenance
- Identify opportunities for quality improvement in compliance with Quality Management System
- Communicate with relevant management and departments to ensure customer focused excellence
- Prioritize responsibilities in alignment with established department goals
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks
- May involve occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a quality control or laboratory setting
- Knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good customer service and communications skills, both oral and written
- Basic understanding of analytical tools and equipment
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling practices
- Proficiency with computing chemical calculations and conversions
- Ability to adapt, self-motivate, and think critically
- Organization and time management skills
- Database management software skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel
- Basic understanding of Data Integrity
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html