Show All Results
Business Development Specialist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this opportunity, we are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual with strategic, technical, and tactical marketing experience combining with commercial skills to be a key part of a dynamic Commercial Marketing team in a customer-oriented environment. The DxS Development Specialist will be responsible for the Diagnostic Solutions (DxS) Portfolio, will cover all Latin America countries and reports to FM & Marcom Leader. Diagnostic Solutions (DxS) Portfolio includes stains & dyes for microscope visualization; blood typing antibodies and also Critical raw materials used in the development and commercialization of In Vitro Diagnostics tests.
Your role will be:
- Develop knowledge of market, competitors, and customer needs that drive the strategy and product positioning that will ensure strong and regular growth in accordance with the regional DxS Business Field and segment strategy.
- Develop product and market knowledge through customer and end user visits, worldwide market research, and scientific paper reviews.
- Identify new markets, channel optimization, and/or applications opportunities to maximize sales of existing and new products.
- Perform detailed sales analysis and develop strong knowledge of product line trends, sufficient to evaluate opportunities/ threats for business.
- Liaison with key Stakeholders (eg. Global Product Managers, Regulatory & Trade Compliance, Supply Chain) to make sure our key products are in stock to fulfill customer needs
- Regularly communicate/report on competitors with regard to new and existing products, positioning, and pricing.
- Define strategic/tactical marketing plans by developing product positioning and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Act as a regional source for key commercial product line information, particularly in terms of defining product offering, strategy and providing tools necessary for successful implementation.
- Work with Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing to ensure appropriate tactical planning and delivery of marketing materials. Propose marketing communications mix and co-creation customers value activities for product lines.
- Participate with sales team in the review and implementation of the marketing plan by presenting technical seminars for the assigned portfolio business area to customers.
- Drive long-term revenue growth through innovation with new product development and launch supporting Innovation Ecosystem Strategy and Objectives
- Generate and qualified leads for Critical Raw Materials for IVD Manufacturing with Business Development area support.
- Competitive Analysis and Counter-Atack Plan
- Pricing and Stock Policies for “ Hero Products” to achieve segment expectations
- Work with Trade Compliance and Marketing Operation to guarantee the product availability in focus countries.
- Develop custom tools and collateral for IVD Manufacturing
- Compile benchmarking data to create value in F2F customer interactions
- Define specific sales tactics for each customer development stage
- Promote Specialized Service Sales to reach area targets
- Work with Sales and Business Development Area to guarantee the share of wallet potential in all POCT workflow.
- Develop tactic and actions to accelerate lead conversion and customer adoption in IVD Manufacturing customers with BDM support.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field with graduate degree/MBA preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in a Life Science or preferred Diagnostic environment. Some hands-on laboratory experience desirable.
- Experience in related product management experience supporting similar products or range of products, including commercial sales, marketing, or business development associated with commercializing research products/services preferred.
- Proven understanding of product positioning, merchandizing and promotion, and new product development.
- Strong data analytical skills required. Previous experience in market analysis, and marketing/customer analysis opportunity size development and digital marketing preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally. Travel may be approximately 30-40% of total annual time.
- Advanced English is required.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!