Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician IV
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Technician IV is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate and troubleshoot consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing and developing manufacturing processes. This employee is required to ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved.
Production Shift Hours: 12-hour overnight shift (6:00pm-6:30am)
- Two-week rotation:
- Week 1 (Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday)
- Week 2 (Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday)
- Candidate will train on 1st shift for at least 2 months before placement onto manufacturing shift
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform production and sampling operations per approved GMP manufacturing procedures
- Equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices
- Thoroughly document all production activities and adhere to GMP guidelines and policies
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a manufacturing operation
- Notify supervisor of critical in-process decisions based on analytical data
- Properly dispose of waste using department protocols
- Maintain and troubleshoot department equipment and instrumentation according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices
- Assist in preparation of procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas
- Perform moderately physical activity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
- Wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree in Process Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or other life science discipline
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (ie., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.