Show All Results
New Product Development Engineer
Posted 30 Nov 2022
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania - United States
Req Id 258565
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The New Product Development Engineer for the specialty gas and liquid delivery equipment, is an integral part of the success of our Delivery Systems and Services business. The business demands are to prioritize safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. Driving the execution of new semiconductor equipment offerings that are distributed globally by interacting with quality, operations, engineering, sales, site services, and sourcing teams internally. The New Product Development Engineer is instrumental in translating customer needs into a valued offering EMD Electronics can provide. Create the engineering solutions to the problems facing the advancement of the electronics industry. This role will be an enthusiastic learner, who wants to solve complex problems in a thriving organization. With the primary focus on advancements to our GASGUARD® and CHEMGUARD® product lines.
- Translate market requirements into product offering
- Lead technical execution of custom designs and product line derivatives
- Drive improvements in cost and functionality for new offerings
- Collaborate closely with customers, manufacturing, and field services on product requirements
- Develop clear scope for supporting functions such as electrical, software, and quality teams
- Strategic selection of components and vendors to ensure profitable products and business continuity
- Utilize new product development and management of change processes
- Support sales team in technical conversations for product marketing and development
- Create training documents and demonstration programs for field support engineers
- Generate product line documentation including position papers, test plans, specifications, and operation manuals
- Up to 40% travel domestic and international
Who You Are:
- BS in an Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) subject area or related field
- 5 plus years of Engineering experience product development or product design or related experience
- 7+ years’ experience in Product Design or New Product Development
- Proven success in applying problem solving and analytical skills
- Leadership skills to influence the organizational focus on product development
- Experience designing to industrial codes and standards, including NRTL, CE, ATEX, SEMI
- Ability to understand all technical facets (mechanical design, software, electrical controls) of products to troubleshoot and drive improvements
- Critical attention to detail and investigation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Solidworks, HAZOP, FMEA, Risk Assessments
- Experience collaborating with diverse, global teams to meet business and customer needs
- Ability to drive project from initial concept to production phase
- Logical and creative thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with UHP manufacturing processes and requirements
- Semiconductor/microelectronics experience is a plus
The New Product Development Engineer is based on site in Breinigsville, PA.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.