Show All Results
Senior Specialist - Operational Technology Systems Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Job Title: Operational Technology Systems Engineer
Architect solutions to meet business demand, support of existing applications / infrastructure, and improvement of systems and processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implementation, documentation, and standardization of applications and systems
- Gathering business requirements, facilitating design, and coordinating the implementation of solutions
- Communication and coordination with Information Technology departments and vendors to facilitate completion of projects and tasks
- Support and troubleshooting of existing operations and infrastructure
- Creating gap analysis / action plans to address process, compliance, and system implementation concerns
- The migration of systems and applications to align with Company’s standards, including upgrades of existing systems
- Implementation and improvement of internal processes within OT
- Provide support and technical knowledge to Lab operations / OT
- Manage project expectations and report on progress.
- Ability to quickly gather information and apply it to a given use case
- Mature troubleshooting workflow with a focus on root cause analysis
- Windows and Linux systems administration familiarity, ability to review logs and troubleshoot application / system issues
- Ability to manage permissions for file services ( CIFS/Samba, NFS ) and filesystems ( NTFS, ext4, … )
- Understanding of network layers 2+3, including VLANs, routing, and multicast/broadcast
- Knowledge of authentication and directory services such as Active Directory ( LDAP, Kerberos, etc ), including how directory based systems management occurs
- Scripting familiarity ( Bash, PowerShell, Perl/PHP/Python )
- Understanding of PC and Server Hardware.
- Familiarity with Jira for daily tasks and organization, Confluence for documentation
- Windows workstation administration, preferably in a helpdesk role
- Windows server administration
- Active Directory (DNS, LDAP, Kerberos, GPO, FSMO Roles)
- Linux server administration: PAM / SSSD, Samba, Puppet (preferred) / Ansible / Chef /Storage
- Interconnection: Fibrechannel, SAS, iSCSI
- RAID: Software ( MDADM, LVM, ZFS, BTRFS ), Hardware ( LSI/Dell, 3Ware, Intel )
- Solutions: Netapp, EMC, Dell
- Virtualization Experience: Hypervisors ( Hyper-V, VMWare, KVM ), Containers ( Docker, LXC, OpenVZ )
- Knowledge of manufacturing process systems and/or laboratory systems within a regulated industry ( GxP, GAMP / 21 CFR 11 )
- SSO Familiarity - SAML/oAuth, ADFS experience preferred.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!