Show All Results
Quality Assurance Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This position is based out of Tempe Arizona for the EMD Electronics Planarization Business Field. For this role, you will be expected to provide process quality engineering support. You will lead investigations both internal and customer facing. There is an expectation to be an active participant in our disposition review board, raw material review board, statistical process control meeting, and any Task Forces. This role will help compile site quality KPIs for management review meetings, monthly quality newsletters and evaluate site QPTs (Quality Predictive Techniques). This role will require cross functional engagement and a willingness to learn internal processes. You will be a key quality driver for site activities including data automation, statistical analysis, problem solving, action plans, RFCs, and preventative actions to reduce/eliminate risk to product performance to customer.
- Provide lead data automation and digitalization analysis by pulling data from various databases and crafting automated visualization dashboards
- Lead predictive techniques/ sophisticated data science analytics to identify control points and ensure quality before product manufacturing
- Evaluate deviations / OOS OOC conditions and provide mentorship for the disposition of non-conforming product
- Apply LEAN Six Sigma practices to implement and improve plant quality standards and processes
- Lead root cause investigations for customer complaints and quality investigations using model-based problem-solving techniques
- Support the site Disposition Review Board (DRB) process
- Support the scale-up and transfer from technology development to high volume manufacturing of new products
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry
- 5+ years quality, manufacturing, or technical experience in a related industry
- 1+ year of industry experience in planarization
- Strong hands-on knowledge of statistical process control (SPC/SQC), root cause analysis and corrective action (CAPA), problem solving, FMEAs, Design of Experiment (DoE), continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization
- Apply strong Data analysis and data preparation automation knowledge with background in programming (Python, Java script, SQL, Alteryx/DataIku, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills with experience working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and projects
- SAP experience
- ISO Certification or equivalent (such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 140001, ISO/TS 16949)
The Quality Assurance Engineer is an onsite position in Tempe, Arizona with work from home capabilities as projects permit.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.