Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist - Molecular R&D
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The purpose of this position is to support R&D efforts for designing new platform technologies in the field of Molecular Biology. This position will also assist in development and commercialization of the new product offerings in the field of Molecular Biology.
In this role, you will work in a Molecular Research and Development (R&D) Team based environment to design new commercial bioassays that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry. You will participate in research, design, develop, and implement experimental plans, procedures, and processes that are Molecular Biology based. You will optimize processes and meet regulatory requirements with particular emphasis placed on research and design aspect of molecular biology skills.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a broad range of molecular biology protocols. Technical skills should include but are not limited to: Nucleic Acid Extraction techniques (manual and automated methods), with strong emphasis on standard and real-time PCR technologies (i.e., QPCR & digital PCR), library preparation and strong background with sequencing technologies
- Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations and documents results
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e., Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned
- Assists with training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Assists or coordinates assay transfer between the Blazar Lab and operations
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in experimental design
This is an on-site position (regular business hours).
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 2+ years working molecular laboratory experience – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 3+ years working molecular laboratory experience
- Associate’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 5+ years of working laboratory experience
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biology, etc.
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
- Strong Molecular biology skills, especially with extraction methodologies, PCR, and Sequencing based technologies
- Experience with Illumina and ONT technologies
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.