Show All Results
Facilities Manager II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Facility Manager is responsible for the property administration of a 280,000 sq. ft. controlled space manufacturing facility, including support operations (Labs, Office Space, Biomass Plant, WWTP, Chemical Storage), which operates 24/7. The successful candidate will have ownership of the site and assumes full responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Primary point of contact for the Building Occupants, Operation Work Centers, Maintenance, Security and EH&S
- Oversee the daily building operations, scheduled maintenance, customer generated work orders, and cleaning of the facility.
- Ability to gain full knowledge of the existing building infrastructure and understand impact of upcoming projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities and staff involved in the coordination, modification, energy efficiency measures, maintenance and administration of company facilities and equipment. Including the administration of a PM and WO system.
- Work with the site’s Project Management Organization, consultants and contractors in the design and development of new work centers or building renovations.
- Drive capital projects that will reduce business continuity/safety/quality risk, provide efficiencies/cost savings.
- Review preliminary and final working drawings for adherence to specifications, design considerations and cost criteria.
- Evaluate proposals and bids for all maintenance and contracting services as required.
- Manage operating budget and capital project budgets.
- Develop the annual Facilities plan, budget, and CAPEX, preventative maintenance to be accomplished
- Responsible for purchase orders and payment of vendors.
- Continuously inspect and audit the building for safety, repairs, maintenance, performance, and housekeeping.
- Manage the day-to-day communications with all departments, Maintenance and outside services as well as be responsible for space allocations and layout plans.
- Respond to emergencies, working closely with EHS, emergency management teams and the senior leadership team
- Participate in quality/customer/corporate/insurance audits.
- Assist in validation efforts associated with changes that affect operations.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of employees and contractors.
- Lead periodic maintenance shut-downs.
- Ensure facility is operating 24/7 to support production operations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience in Facilities Management or Property Management.
- 5+ years as a people leader
- Experience with Life science processes and Clean Room spaces.
- Experience with ISO 9001/ 14001/45001 management systems.
- Experience in cGMP manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relations, and follow-through skills with the ability to foster trusted relationships internally.
- Strong knowledge of Facilities & Industrial systems including, HVAC, Boilers, BMS, Lighting, Compressed Air, Building Envelope, and renewable energy.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.