Show All Results
Director, US Oncology Brand Marketing
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Reporting to the Head of US Oncology Marketing, the Director of Oncology Marketing /US Brand Lead for Squamous Cell Carcinoma Head and Neck (SCCHN) will be responsible for leading pre-launch and launch efforts of the new blockbuster therapy for Squamous Cell Carcinoma Head and Neck (SCCHN) in the US. The Director of Oncology Marketing / Brand Lead will lead the cross-functional team to develop pre-launch and launch strategy, recourse allocation and brand investment plans. You will collaborate cross-functionally to successfully execute pre-launch and launch tactics. This role is a critical role to shape EMD Serono footprint in Oncology.
- Lead cross-functional Brand Team to develop Pre-launch and Launch Strategy to enable success for the biggest EMD Serono launch in Oncology
- Closely collaborate with the Global Team to ensure strategic alignment, best practice sharing and meaningful exchange of the insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholder to ensure robust budget planning, prioritization of the appropriate tactics, strong KPI measurement plan are in place
- Continuously inspire KPI-driven culture, evaluate marketing tactics’ effectiveness, and pivot the execution to maximize the results and achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with the Market Research Team to put in place comprehensive insight generation plan, develop HCP behavioral/altitudinal segmentation, ensure education of the internal stakeholders
- Represent thought leadership when it comes to market and therapeutic area understanding across all the levels of organization
- Be a partner for Thought Leader Liaison Team to develop KTL engagement strategy and build EMD awareness across key academic experts in SCCHN field
- Collaborate with the Digital Lead to prepare digital ecosystem for the launch, develop robust and impactful DTC campaign, compliantly engage key stakeholders early in the pre-launch process
- In collaboration with the Global Team develop and execute impactful Disease State Education Campaign and maximize pull-through across digital channels
- Develop HCP messaging, campaign, promotional tools, and account management strategy, recognizing the differences between academic and community accounts
- Work closely with the Field Force effectiveness team to establish continuous education program for Sales Team to elevate the sales team to one of the best in the industry
- Lead ad board(s) to gather insights from HCPs to optimize marketing plans and maximize the execution
- Lead P2P education strategy, ensure coherent channel mix and aligned content strategy
- Shape brand-level mid-term – long-term investment plans, oversee the marketing budget and collaborate with cross-functional partners to optimize the spent and maximize the value of investments
Location: Rockland, MA; if remote presence in Rockland MA office one week/month
Travel: Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 30% of time
Who You Are
- BA/BS required
- Requires a minimum of 10 + years of experience in marketing, sales and operational roles in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- At least 5 years of marketing experience is required
- Experience working in the US Oncology market
- Launch experience is mandatory
- English required, other language skills may be considered a plus
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experience with Head & Neck cancers is a plus
- Proven record of successful leadership in matrix organizations
- Experience presenting to all levels of the organizations to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions and challenges while presenting
- Experience in managing a budget that includes agency and consulting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.