Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Operator 2 at MilliporeSigma Bellefonte, Pennsylvania will prepare, pack, and process a variety of products. You will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing, from receiving raw materials to packaging the final product. Specific job duties are:
- Production of Products in a variety of manufacturing areas.
- Follow written instructions via MPS/SOP/ISO guidelines.
- Perform simple experiments.
- Monitor process to identify opportunities for process improvement, and design/conduct simple experiments to increase yield, improve product quality, or develop new products.
- Assist R&D in manufacturing new products as requested.
- Package & label all products in a variety of manufacturing areas according to instructions.
- Test product & prepare samples for Quality Control (QC).
- Complete in-process inspections as required.
- Maintain QC experimental records as needed.
- Manage operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all equipment required for manufacturing products.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and request supplies at established levels.
- Perform necessary transactions/documentation.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of work areas and related lab equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- May involve repetitive movements and standing or lifting for long periods.
- May occasionally wear appropriate protective equipment such as hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the form of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles.
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency with simple hand tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches.
- Experience setting up and operating a variety of labeling and packaging equipment.
- Ability to perform under minimum supervision, make independent decisions, organize work, and effectively document work through records and reports as necessary.
- Strong computer literacy to include use of e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other common programs.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.