Show All Results
Process Control Specialist
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As Process Control Specialist for our specialty gas and liquid delivery equipment, you are an integral part of the success of our Delivery Systems and Services business. The business demands that you prioritize safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. You will drive the execution of new semiconductor equipment offerings that are distributed globally by interacting with quality, operations, engineering, sales, site services, and sourcing teams internally. You will be instrumental in translating customer needs into a valued offering we can provide. You will also create the engineering solutions to the problems facing the advancement of the electronics industry. Responsibilities include:
- Embedded Design including Microprocessor based controls, Analog & Digital design, programmable-logic, power-supply design/selection & voltage-supervision, and serial-communication
- Supervising PCB Layouts including component-placement, trace-routing, and Gerber generation
- Conducting failure-Analysis of electronic assemblies
- Report writing
Who You Are:
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or other electronic discipline
- 5+ years of experience in PCB embedded design
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other electronic discipline
- 1+ year of experience in OrCAD
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record
- Demonstrable aptitude for board level electronics and circuit analysis
- Proven success in applying problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical details of products to troubleshoot and drive improvement
- Ability to debug digital, analog, and DC-power circuits
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multimeters, bench power supplies, and other lab equipment
- Basic knowledge of surface-mount and thru-hole soldering
- Critical attention to detail and investigation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to drive change successfully
- Logical and creative thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Semiconductor/microelectronics or related experience
- Good understanding of Electrical Hardware and Control circuit design for embedded systems, process-related instrumentations, and Heaters, along with documentation requirements for GASGUARD/CHEMGUARD products
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.