Show All Results
Scientist Production Sr
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Scientist Production Sr supports Operations in troubleshooting methods, processes, testing, product quality, and quality control. This position collaborates with engineers and other scientists to develop analytical methods and commission analytic equipment.
This position is a first-shift position on site in St. Louis.
- Regularly communicate project status to the process development, project management, and Operations teams.
- Perform and troubleshoot initial processing of newly developed and/or scaled up procedures with the relevant Operations teams in order to qualify new methods.
- Aid in training and transfer of newly developed methods to the receiving Operations team to ensure long term success.
- Write clear instructions for operating procedures for Operations’ use in ongoing future manufacturing.
- Apply Root Cause Analysis tools in order to address manufacturing issues.
- Design and develop new products focused on providing solutions for customers in the life science field.
- Develop manufacturing processes that include synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterization of organic molecules. Characterization may include the following analytical techniques: NMR, HPLC, GC, MS, TLC, IR, UV-VIS spectroscopy.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or other scientific field
- 5+ years of experience with synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterization of organic molecules
- Experience in project management
- Experience in independent lab research or chemical manufacturing.
- Experience using AKTA purification systems and Unicorn software.
- Experience applying the following chromatography techniques: ion exchange, reverse phase, size exclusion, normal phase.
- Experience producing small molecules via biocatalysis.
- Manufacturing experience above bench scale.
- Experience with protein purification and/or isolation of small molecules by natural extraction.
- Experience maintaining LC/MS instrumentation.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.