Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacturing Operators are required to perform operational activities to manufacture product according to cGMP's and site Standard Operating Procedures. This position will require the operator to work with bovine serum to produce finished goods utilizing processing tanks and agitators, chromatography and heating/cooling units in controlled environments that may include cold room processing.
In addition, the operator may load/unload and operate freeze dryers, follow written work instructions in batch records, follow standard operating procedures and other work-related procedures. There will be times when you will setup and operate filtration and ultrafiltration processes utilizing pumps, depth filter media, sub-micron cartridges, molecular filters. Other miscellaneous duties will include cleaning and sanitization of equipment and environment, assisting in training as needed, batch ion exchange processing, sterile filling; compliance with all MilliporeSigma personnel and safety policies; compliance with current provisions of the collective bargaining agreement; transportation of pallets of raw materials from material staging areas using pallet movers and lifts.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lb bags of dry chemical ingredients as frequently as 25 times in an 8-12 hour period.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use of designated or appropriately modified safety and manufacturing apparel to meet safety and compliance requirements. This includes but is not limited to non-sterile and sterile jumpsuits, sterile masks, sterile goggles, hairnets, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, shoe coverings, gloves, respirators, etc. while performing in this position.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 6+ months of work experience in a field such as manufacturing, operations, warehouse, cGMP and/or laboratory
- Aptitude to operate the company computer systems including equipment specific PLC's and HMI's
- Mathematical skills that allow for reliable calculations include in batch documentation
- Basic understanding of cGMP's and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality systems
- Sufficient visual acuity and color differentiation to effectively interact with operator workstations
- 6+ months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.