Show All Results
QC Supervisor - Analytical Chemistry
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a QC Supervisor to oversee a group of Chemists and Technicians within the Quality Control (QC) team.
- Supervise activities of personnel engaged in performing chemical and physical tests required for quality control of processes and products
- Direct and advise personnel in special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of materials
- Compile and analyze test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions
- Confer with scientists or engineers to conduct analyses, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests
- Lead the Laboratory daily workflow process
- Lead and manage the laboratory employees in maintaining safety, quality and housekeeping standards of the site
- Develop and implement Laboratory policies and procedures
- Conduct research as needed to assist developing custom products and investigate complaints on existing products
- Monitor the team training, update Work Instructions, and write performance appraisals
- Oversee the daily QC analytical instrumentation running and the data it provides
- Provide technical support to advance quality and analytical requirements
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to build a best-in-class chemical analytical laboratory and support the company goal of achieving and maintaining a hazard free workplace, injury free employees, and an unmatched commitment to environmental stewardship
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other Scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in an Analytical Lab
- Experience working in a Chemistry Analytical Lab
- Familiarity with ISO 9001/14001/45001 management systems
- Understanding of Operation and Troubleshooting of analytical equipment (GC, ICPMS, ICPOES, IC, NMR, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Laboratory Health and Safety practices
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP (or other ERP), LIMS
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.