Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is immediately hiring for Associate Production Scientists for our team in Madison, WI and Verona, WI! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
*** $5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus for 3rd and 5th Shifts! ***
Benefits to working with our team include:
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Significant tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including 5 weeks of paid time off per year!
The Associate Production Scientist is primarily focused on safe and efficient manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API’s) according to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements. This role is lab-based and primarily focused on executing required production operations to support the end users and patients of the compounds produced at MilliporeSigma. These responsibilities include but are not limited to executing existing production procedures, updating supporting documents, and maintaining the safety and quality of the manufacturing environment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Functioning as a Primary Operator for a single group of GMP Production areas (i.e. Kilo Labs).
- Draft preliminary reports detailing deviations from written procedures and potential contributing factors.
- Utilize and provide minor updates to a variety of written procedures, including operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor or SME.
- Help to identify and immediately correct equipment, process, and safety issues in the lab.
- Mentor new employees by performing supplemental technical and on the job training.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment by actively engaging in inter-shift communication and maintaining high quality in-lab housekeeping.
- Take independent ownership over a departmental support responsibility.
- Engage in personal and professional career development through active participation in development objectives.
- Provide departmental support through additional tasks as directed by department leadership.
- 1st - Monday - Friday 6:30am-3:00pm
- 2nd - Monday - Thurs 1:00pm - 11:30pm
- 3rd - Monday - Thurs 10:00pm - 7:30am
- 4th - Friday - Sunday 6:30am - 7:00pm
- 5th - Friday- Sunday 6:30pm - 7:00am
- Working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates
- Utilizing proper personal protective equipment which could include but is not limited to; respiratory protection such as dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc., and full body protection such as disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc., MilliporeSigma issued work uniforms and Lab Coats
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Science discipline
- Ability to read and understand written protocols.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook tools, Electronic Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators, and weighing / measuring devices
- Strong mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of internal motivation
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html