Show All Results
Senior Systems Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a Linux/UNIX Engineer, you will be responsible for operations support of infrastructure solutions. You will fix and troubleshoot, and propose improvements for the operations support team and team manager. You will be responsible for the completion of documentation of procedures, and will proactively identify operational weaknesses and propose service improvement plans.
Who you are:
- SUSE / RedHat Linux / UNIX infrastructure support.
- Bash scripting.
- Logical Volume Manager.
- Filesystem Administration.
- Experience in Linux patch management (SUSE Manager preferred).
- SAN and NAS integration on LINUX.
- VMware virtualization.
- Ability to fix/troubleshoot major and critical operational issues and to handle Outages of critical production servers including Problem Management and communications with stakeholders in our IT Department/business.
- Ability to work in complex and international remote teams and handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously.
Nice to have experience:
- AIX or Solaris.
- Configuration management tools such as Salt Stack and/or Ansible.
- Linux Lifecycle management tools such as RH Satellite / Spacewalk / SUSE Manager.
- Python scripting.
- KVM virtualization.
- GCP and/or AWS clouds.
- High Availability with Pacemaker.
- Basic understanding of Blades and Rackmount Servers.
Salary starting from 3000 EUR gross, depending on relevant experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!