Show All Results
Senior Account Manager - Remote
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At EMD Electronics, the Senior Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of the commercial engagement with the customer as well as working in full alignment with the broader business team including Marketing, Product Management, Quality, Operations, Program Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Service, and Legal.
- Deliver Thin Film revenue growth that meets or exceeds product profitability goals.
- Develop and implement account strategies for a major North American customer, including detailed assessments of growth opportunities that align with the Thin Films Materials business strategy.
- Be the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and coordinate activities for internal cross-functional teams, to drive sales opportunities, improve quality, sustain business continuity, and drive customer initiatives to successful closure.
- Accountable for gathering market and competitive intelligence, customer technology trends and other key information through strong customer relationships.
- Drive goals forward by effectively managing ambiguity, eliminating non-value-added work, and removing obstacles.
- Travel 25-35% (domestic and international)
Preferred locations are Carlsbad, CA; Austin, TX; Hometown, PA; Sheboygan, WI; Tempe, AZ; Portland, OR. Other locations will be considered as well.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in key areas of sales, process technology, semiconductor product or product management
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- 8+ years relevant Semiconductor process or sales experience
- Proven track record of building business relationships, such as with customers, cross functional team members, or partners
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.