Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Electrical and Instrumentation Tech III you will perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, fabrication, integration, and installation of various electrical and process control instrumentation equipment in a chemical manufacturing environment. You will also ensure the operational readiness of facilities infrastructure and manufacturing equipment from an electrical and controls perspective. Performing these tasks in an efficient and safe manner is key in this role. You will work under minimum supervision and will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Lead Technician. Responsibilities include:
- Execute Preventive and Corrective maintenance tasks related to the electrical and process control aspects of site safety systems; site regulatory compliance systems; facility infrastructure and production manufacturing equipment
- Assist with the troubleshooting, testing and repair of electrical equipment and process control systems
- Provide electrical and process control fabrication support as required for the construction of new manufacturing production units and the upkeep/repair of existing manufacturing production units
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly inspection checklists
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response, work off-shifts, weekends and additional hours as needed
- Occasionally perform tasks that require lifting arm above 90 degrees
- Occasionally lift up to 40lbs independently
- Occasionally use of ladders
- Wear PPE such as an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience working as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in a Facilities/Maintenance department of an industrial or manufacturing company
- 2+ years of experience using basic hand and power tools
- 2+ years of experience using basic electronic test equipment
- Strong safety focus
- Ability to organize thoughts to complete a Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Task Safety Assessment
- Working understanding of energy isolation
- Ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, single line, three line and ladder diagrams
- Ability to read/interpret instrument and electrical control schematics and P&IDs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEC or NFPA 70
- Possess basic computer skills (e.g. use of Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Possess basic skills to use manipulate drawings in a CAD software program such AutoCAD Electrical
Pay Range for this position - $42,300 - $98,700
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html