Show All Results
Senior Data Governance Expert - Remote
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The role of Senior Data Governance Expert within the Electronics Data Office is a unique blend of strategic and operational data governance. By enabling data democratization, data governance, empowering a data-driven mindset, and delivering data analytics solutions you will contribute to the success of the Data office in enabling Data and Analytics (D&A) for the entire Electronics organization.
You are expected to set strategic direction and manage good data practices in a big data environment, including data ownership principles, data movement standards, data security, risk management, and data cataloging standards. You will provide operational guidance and support, ensuring governance policies are adhered to and driving continuous improvement ensuring the correct level of governance is applied, processes are fit-for-purpose, and supporting the success of our business.
Further, you will support the business in building data products by working together with the Senior Data Product owner supporting data acquisition onto the internal data and analytics platform and liaising with Data owners and Business Data stewards to ensure a streamlined process and ensure the successful delivery of use cases and data products. A key part of this role is to educate our partners in the respective business domains and functions of their roles and responsibilities in the process and how foundations of data governance bring value to their work. Understanding and driving cultural change in relation to this is a critical aspect.
Who you are:
- Master´s degree in, business administration, computer science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working in data management and data governance covering strategic and operational implementations and experience of working in a `big data` environment developing and implementing data practices (technology, process, data, and organization readiness)
- Working knowledge of governance, data privacy, and security with the ability to develop practices together with respective business functions such as IT security, Data Privacy Office, Government Affairs
- Ability to design data quality processes from defining, measuring, and monitoring to defining and implementing corrective and preventive activities
- Fluency in English
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that allow you to communicate complex ideas and concepts efficiently and clearly. Demonstrated ability to lead and influence difficult discussions in the data governance space and ability to craft a robust compromise
- Ability to work efficiently in a matrix organization across teams and sectors
- Supporting upskilling and training activities in the Data office both generally and in the creation and delivery of Data specific training and Enablement content
- Practical knowledge of industry data practice/governance models (DAMA, CMMI, DGI others) and data strategy frameworks (Gartner, St Gallen, others) and experience of working in a regulated environment would be a plus
- Preferred location is Tempe, AZ, but location for this role is flexible, including remote work arrangement within the US with travel required to meet with key partners.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.