Show All Results
Senior Facilities Systems Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Recognized as a strong technical contributor supporting the facilities & utilities required for cGMP Viral Vector Manufacturing (VVM). This position will support the VVM sites in Carlsbad, CA for facility systems and utilities, including purified water, air handling systems, heat/cooling systems, electrical, supporting equipment and infrastructure. The Sr. Facility Systems Engineering will coordinate activities with contractors and with other departments including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance, Validation, Quality Control, Project Management and Process Development. In addition, the Sr. Facility Systems Engineer may also interface with customer personnel, auditors, and regulatory authorities, as needed, to communicate system design, qualification, and status of facility systems and utilities. Support activities associated with the site’s utilities, qualification, preventative maintenance, change control, shut-down activities, risk assessments, leading investigations, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and CAPA implementation.
The employee will work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours when needed. The employee will have the ability to perform very complex tasks with attention to detail, it may also be responsible for supporting Engineering Department Facilities Team technicians or contractors in daily activities and will need to work independently as well as within teams, excellent communication up, down and across the organization.
The employee will have the ability to perform moderately physical activity.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or another Engineering/Science discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant industrial plant engineering experience preferably in a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
- 3+ years of experience in a regulated environment
- Proficient in BMS systems such as preferably Siemens Desigo
- Professional, working knowledge of utility systems and equipment including; HVAC, Chilled Water Systems, Heating Ht Water Systems, Building Management Systems, Purified Water Systems, WFI, Clean Steam, Boilers and Steam Distribution Systems, Clean Compressed Air and Lab Gas Systems, Emergency Generators and Electrical Distribution as well as; Security and Access Control Systems,
- Professional experience, working trades skill in areas of Electrical, Mechanical and/or Carpentry
- Proficient computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, AutoCAD and/or MS Project
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html