Show All Results
Field Service Engineer 1 - Southern NY
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the role of Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and qualification of water purification systems throughout Southern New York, Northern NYC Metro and Western Connecticut. The employee will also be responsible to provide backup support to neighboring territories as required.
- Provide professional service on a timely basis (PMs in month they are due, installs completed within two weeks from site being ready, repairs as requested by customer and perform system validations/qualifications, as required, response time ranging from 24hr onsite up to 2 weeks) respecting all customer on-site rules and regulations including good on-site housekeeping practices.
- Provide accurate and detailed completion of Work Orders and related documentation.
- Close Work Orders daily.
- Provide customers with appropriate documentation of work completed, including but not limited to: Service Report, Meter Verification Report, Routine Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an accurate daily schedule for internal visibility, communicate to customers ahead of time and adapt to repairs. Notify Manager when schedule is impacting customer satisfaction and/or unable to complete work in requested time frame.
- Maintain physical consignment inventory in accordance with SOP (within suggestion value limits and maintain accuracy compared to actual and documented inventory).
- Maintain tools and test equipment in proper working order and calibration. Tools include minor power tools, hand tools, etc. Test equipment includes meters used for verification/qualification procedures.
- Generate leads for new hardware, consumables, accessories and service contracts via the current CRM tool.
- Maintain timely, courteous, effective and professional communications between all customers, internal and external. Emergency responses could require a 2hr callback window requiring maximum of 24-hour on-site response time.
- Adhere to NA Fleet Vehicle Policy.
- Assist with custom engineered system installations with support of the Supervisor, Manager, and/or Custom Systems Team.
- Submit the expense reports every two weeks.
- Meet customer site requirements including, but not limited to: vendor credentialing, background checks, and immunization requirements as needed.
Who you are:
- Associate's Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering OR any relevant Technical, Professional or Military Electronics degree.
- - OR -
- 1+ years of field service experience OR 1+ years experience in other relevant applicable skilled trades.
- Overnight travel as required, both domestic and international. Amount of travel depends on territory (10-60%), training, team meetings and coverage/support for other territories. Must possess a current passport or be eligible to obtain one.
- Work outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required. Customer base includes clinical customers who at times require emergency service during nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient with tools and test equipment. Tools include basic construction tools (screw driver, basic power tools, drill, etc.). Test equipment includes test boxes for qualifications, meters for verifications, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Handle difficult customers and situations.
- Basic IT skills (i.e. ability to use computer for inter-equipment communications, uploading software from computer to the systems, use of iPad and iPhone, etc.).
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- 50-pound minimum lifting requirement, without assistance. Ability to move and/or lift up to 165lbs, with assistance.
- Wear of a respirator.
- Maintain clean driving record for Company Car.
- Company paid expenses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.