Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the Associate Production Scientist for MilliporeSigma, you would support our Bio-Organic, Nucleotide, CoA and Affinity Resin product lines. You would be responsible for working with SMEs to ensuresuccessful manufacturing of an established line of products. Lastly, you would interact cross-functionally withQuality Control, Quality Assurance, Packaging, Materials Management, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies,waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Accurately perform procedure independently
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge,experience, and principles
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations ofproducts and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Wear personal protective equipment such as respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods
- Lifting and pushing up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other life science
- 6+ months of training necessary to learn specifics of job adequately to work independently
- Independent lab research experience
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.