Show All Results
ACE Data Architect
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The primary role of the ACE Data Architect is to deliver integrated data models and build capabilities for business workflows with a focus on supply chain using ontology technology and reporting and analytic services. The Candidate blends a high outcome focus, an exceptionally strong ability to learn quickly, the capacity to execute to a high standard with a second-to-none passion about solving the toughest data modelling questions. The candidate will work with the internal team of architects and use case owners to define and assimilate requirements to design and architect the solution. In addition, the candidate will create and support applications of ontology development following good practices and support troubleshooting complex challenges.
- Design, build, and maintain conceptual, logical, and canonical data models for reporting, and analytic integrations working with internal clients, internal teams, and analytic/data scientists while applying the needed data governance mechanisms.
- Become subject matter expert on supply chain topics and processes such as: order to cash (O2C), discrete manufacturing, inventory, and planning.
- Support training of users of varying roles on use of Ontology and reporting solutions.
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Programming or other Information Technology field
- 2+ years of data modeling or data analytics experience
- Prior software development or data modeling experience using e.g., Spark, SQL, Python, Scala or advanced modeling/analytical tools
- Experience working in a Pharma environment across the domains of the value chain, such as R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Commercials, etc.
- Extensive knowledge on technologies and trends related to big data, advanced analytics, data engineering and Internet of Things
- Experience with Palantir Foundry
- Experienced working in iterative and agile reporting environments.
- Leading, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Experience in Oracle EBS (11i/R12)
- Experience on with supply chain modules such as (INV, WIP, MES, BOM, WMS)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.