Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM) has recently exploded in popularity across the chemical manufacturing industry as more companies recognize the enormous potential benefits in the coming decades. MilliporeSigma continues to invest in this forward-facing technology and has created an opportunity for a great candidate to apply their skills to conduct process development in this area. This position is located in Milwaukee, WI alongside a team with 15+ years of experience. As a Process Development Scientist, the role will focus on process optimization and scale-up of Continuous Flow reactions in a manner that allows safe, practical, and economical scale-up of such reactions in Production scale equipment in Milwaukee and Sheboygan. Other responsibilities will include close interaction with Scientists and Engineers to ensure that a healthy pace of technology advancement for the CFM area is maintained.
- Wear personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other scientific discipline
- 4+ years’ of chemistry experience in an industrial setting or independent lab research
- Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other scientific discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in an industrial setting or independent lab research
- Experience with Continuous Flow Processing and/or high degree of mechanical aptitude
- High degree of knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Experience with process techniques and unit operations
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills
- Great interpersonal skills and organization
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.