Show All Results
Data and Analytics Solution Architect
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Become part of a highly skilled team of experts working on scalable use cases and data products. Translate functional requirements into data models and processes to drive the development of our products and solutions. Join us as a D&A Solution Architect for Supply Chain.
As a member of the Life Science Analytics Center of Excellence, you contribute to building data products throughout the entire journey. As the technical counterpart to our Product Owners, you are responsible for the technical implementation of the use case and participate and contribute to the full project life cycle, including gathering requirements, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support of applications. Oversee and guide the solution architecture of use cases and monitor compatibility of the solution in the surrounding systems landscape. Manage release management ensuring multiple project deliverables and projects simultaneously.
This position is part of our Group Data Strategy. Turn your curiosity into action and learn more about how we drive data and analytics here.
Who you are:
• B.Sc. (or higher) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of experience developing, testing, and delivering high quality software and systems
• Deep expertise in cloud-based platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud (GC)
• Prior software development experience with data driven product companies using e.g., Spark, SQL, Python, Scala or advanced analytical tools is a plus
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles
• Outstanding knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in Supply Chain is a plus
• Ideally, experience with Palantir Foundry.
• Big data and advanced analytics technology know-how (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Presto)
• Cloud-based platform know-how (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud (GC))
• Modern programming language (e.g. Ruby, Java, C#, Go, Node, Python, ESQL, Scala)
• Ability to integrate / interface to new open source technology
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.