Show All Results
Senior Project Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Senior Project Engineer at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will serve as a leader in facility capital project execution. Projects vary significantly in size and complexity for capital projects at a growing organization with over one million square feet of facility, laboratory, and packaging space. Relocation assistance available.
- Communicates and coordinates directly with stakeholders, contractors, Architectural – Engineering firms and other technical stakeholders to reach agreement on project scope and execution.
- Evaluates project specifications, proposals and submittals through inception to finalization
- Work with a variety of electrical, mechanical, general construction, laboratory and facility equipment and technologies
- Owns the development of capital project scope, schedule, budget, while following project management deliverables and best practices.
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with Millipore Sigma’s and external regulatory agencies' policies, codes, standards, and regulations
- Detailed planning across all functions, alignment between multiple stakeholders, and effective communication at all levels within the organization
- Typical range of the projects could be from $50k to $2m, with supporting roles on projects with higher value
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of process engineering, construction management, or project management experience in an industrial environment.
- Experienced in project management across different functions with PMP certification
- Familiarity or exposure to chemical manufacturing facilities
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication, delegation, team building, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity with HVAC systems and analysis
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.