Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scientist 1 to join our global virus production team based in Rockville, Maryland. As Scientist you will have global exposure, reporting to the manager global virus production within the VC value stream.
You will have a high level of autonomy in overseeing scheduling and acting as study director / responsible scientist in the conduct of GLP / GMP virus productions. As subject matter expert in your area responsibilities will include providing scientific support to the laboratory staff, assisting with performance of laboratory procedures, maintenance of study records, including deviation records and monitoring release and levels of virus stocks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides day to day technical support to the laboratory
- Maintain high level knowledge of lab procedures and is regarded as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Scheduling virus growths to meet global demand
- Ensuring all consumables and reagents are available in advance of virus initiation
- Compliance of virus productions under the principles of GxP
- Review production data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness
- Resolution of deviations / completing event investigations
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance.
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Creating / revising SOPs, laboratory records, risk assessments and other related documentation
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Lead local / global projects and improvement initiatives within the department
- Assist in audits as required and address findings in a timely manner
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed / assigned
- Some global travel may be required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate or required
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 1+ years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 2+ years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 5+ years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Highly, technically competent
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills
- Previous experience working in GMP/GLP environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.