Show All Results
Director M&A Integration (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Director, M&A Integrations, reports to the Head of Life Science M&A Integrations and is responsible for leading the end-to-end integration process and activities for select small to mid-size strategic deals within the Life Science Sector.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for assigned M&A projects, from deal close to business handover, keeping ownership and oversight of all integration workstreams.
- Builds and delivers a structured, focused integration strategy, process, project set-up and detailed execution plan, including key milestones and timelines. Adapts and recalibrates plans as the situation evolves. Outlines a clear roadmap and transition plan for handover and ongoing ownership within the respective business.
- Builds positive relationships and aligns with key partners and business leaders, mobilizing vital cross-functional teams and providing clear direction and oversight for accountabilities and assignments.
- Engages during Due Diligence and drives pre-close planning together with Life Science Strategy and Business Development, as well as Enabling Functions.
- Ensures people and organizational aspects (culture, org design, retention and engagement, capability identification and preservation) are appropriately considered, coordinated, and handled.
- Monitors and supervises integration progress against agreed-upon milestones and deliverables, to ensure timely realization of deal-specific value and synergies.
- Evolves the standard methodologies and represents LS on Integration Task Force for best-practice exchange
This role can be placed in Boston or Darmstadt (Germany) and is eligible for residency. Business travel is required to Boston frequently.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related field OR a finance degree with strong Life Science experience
- Minimum 8 years' proven experience in global, matrixed organization
- Minimum 5 years' demonstrated ability as a project manager or consultant
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategy, business development, portfolio management, investment banking or related field
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; good balance of strategic and operational strength
- Outstanding project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to work in an agile manner and change course; able to systematically work through ambiguity
- Networked, effective at building credibility, partnering and influencing stakeholders, both internal colleagues and external partners
- Strong business insight with knowledge of financial analysis and other return on investment analysis and key performance indicators
- Thrives in fast paced, matrixed and high-pressure environment
- Works independently, takes initiatives and makes fact-based decisions
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html