Show All Results
Client Success Manager (Key Account Manager)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a Client Success Manager for academic customers in Wallonia (Belgium) and Luxembourg you will serve as the primary point of contact for generating sales of products and services by focusing on selling to major universities, hospitals and governmental institutions primarily in the region of Wallonia (Louvain-la-Neuve, Liège, Brussels) and Luxembourg. You will plan and manage activities within your territory and coordinate all our customer support functions, including field and office-based specialists, to help our customers meet their objectives and improve business opportunities. The focus of this role is selling to end users (i.e. scientists, PhD’s, technicians, including core facilities) by demonstrating the value of our technical products and scientific knowledge for our "Life science" product portfolio. You will apply the available tools and resources to supervise and report sales activities, share account knowledge and exceed sales targets, ensuring a balanced, profitable growth. It will be essential to build a deep understanding of the customer drivers and deliver the appropriate products, services and resources. Additionally in this role, you will handle account planning, offer and manage contract discussions.
Who you are
- Have a scientific degree or PhD with experience of relevant research techniques (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Analytics).
- Have preferably 2+ years of sales experience or have a commercial competence and curiosity about this field.
- Proficient in French and English, Dutch is a plus.
- Can work autonomously, and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Has excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You gained good business insight and can produce and interpret sales data in various formats.
- Digitally savvy and happy work with digital tools (Microsoft, Salesforce.com, Social media).
- Willing and able to travel (up to 80%, mainly in your territory).
- Have a valid driving license, and are home-office based.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html