Show All Results
Manager of Operational Excellence
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is immediately hiring for a Production Engineer for its team in Branchburg, NJ. This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks, strong 401k programs and access to healthcare!
The Production Engineer manages the Operational Excellence (OE) & Continuous Improvement cost saving programs on site while collaborating with the production team to develop engineering solutions. The scope of this role includes:
- Lead Lean & Six Sigma (L&SS) steering committee to identify projects in Branchburg (BB)
- Personally manage several L&SS cost savings projects
- Own the L&SS (LASSIE) database in Branchburg (BB), monitor status of all projects
- Assist six sigma belts for projects: LASSIE registration, benefit calculation, etc
- Coordinate annual project evaluation and Award nominations to EMD Electronics - recognition program
- Lead monthly Best Practice Sharing (BPS) meeting to drive local BPS activities: find local BPS for submission
- Coordinate the Best Practice Sharing (BPS) quarterly award recognition program
- Conduct first assessments for Opportunities for Improvement (OFI) submitted in system, Lead OFI monthly review meeting
- Coordinate OFI quarterly evaluation and award - recognition program
- Develop chemical production process engineering solutions to address safety, quality, and productivity opportunities
- 10% of this role will include engineering project work
- Up to 20% travel by car and/or plane (Domestic and/or International)
- Standing for extended periods of time - up to four (4) hours
- Sitting for extended periods of time - up to four (4) hours
- Potential for limited use of a respirator
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience with Lean & Six Sigma process improvements and engineering project management
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certification
- Experience establishing evaluating and implementing safety, quality, and productivity improvements
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to respond to international team requirements with varying work schedules
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.