Show All Results
Tech Manufacturing 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Tech II at MilliporeSigma in Lenexa, Kansas is responsible for producing dry powder media products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), following all applicable safety and quality guidance. Specific job duties are:
- This is a Night Shift role: 7:00pm – 7:30am;12-hour shift, 2-2-3 schedule
- Use a computer and specialized program to capture production information.
- Scoop and dump chemicals into containers up to 1,000 kg.
- Complete batch documentation (recording date/time activities are performed, verifying reports for accuracy).
- Check rooms and equipment for cleanliness prior to use.
- Setup and operate blenders, the pin mill equipment, and clean-in-place system, in accordance with SOPs.
- Control and monitor processes with an operator interface terminal (OIT).
- Stage materials and supplies.
- Set up and operate automated packaging equipment within specified tolerances.
- Fill powder into final containers up to 100 kg in weight.
- Close and label containers. Apply tamper-evident seals.
- Move pallets of product to finished goods storage.
- Perform all activities in a safe working manner and in compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Report any unsafe working conditions or safety concerns.
- Gown according to PPE guidelines (scrubs, hairnets, etc.)
- Read and understand all written procedures as outlined in SOPs and batch records.
- Follow all Quality guidelines throughout the production process.
- Report equipment failure or damage, and work with Maintenance to correct problems.
- Maintain good housekeeping in working areas.
- Work as a productive member of a team.
- Make recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
*** Sign on bonus for night shift $5000***
- Lift 5 pounds for a six-hour period and occasionally lift to 50 pounds.
- Maneuver and position mechanical components up to 50 kg.
- Stand for long periods of time.
Who you are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with regulatory compliance practices.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including previous maintenance experience with process equipment or mechanical systems.
- Dry product processing and packaging experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.