Show All Results
Maintenance Tech 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Maintenance Tech 2 provides support for the Facilities department for Lab process Equipment maintenance.
- Performs general planned preventive maintenance on lab equipment, e.g. incubators, refrigerators, freezers
- Utilizes electronic data bases for lab equipment (BM-RAM, SAP, etc.), in coordination with the Maintenance Coordinator
- Schedules lab equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
- Performs initial inspection of faulted equipment and repairs
- Performs tasks in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs duties independently with minimal supervision
- Uncrates and installs new equipment in laboratories, including connecting utilities and monitoring system
- Responsible for the accuracy, clarity and compliance of documentation i.e. PM task sheets, Work Orders, Logbooks, etc.
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years’ experience in a position supporting lab operations
- Additional technical training (equipment, instrumentation, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience in cGMP (life science, pharmaceutical or food) processing industries
- Experience in a multi-shift operation
- Experience in servicing, repairing and maintaining laboratory equipment including incubators, freezers, refrigerators, etc.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.