Show All Results
Strategic License Expert
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Strategic License Expert
The Strategic License Expert is part of the Software Asset Management (SAM) Unit within the global IT Organization.
SAM Processes and Applications are available and are in continuous optimization and improvement. Concepts, Guidelines and Procedures need to be adjusted to new requirements (e.g., Mobile Working, Cloud Technologies, Legal Requirements). The following tasks are in the area of the Strategic License Expert:
- Responsibility for the development and execution of the Strategic License Management Strategy
- Pro-actively looking into optimization potentials regarding License costs and following up together with responsible product manager or department
- Supporting product managers or departments for strategic important software products including contract analysis
- Checking the observance of the license management related guidelines and processes
- Standardization and optimization of the License Management processes and the License life cycle
- Development and continuous improvement of interfaces between the License Management process and other related processes
- Creating or contributing of procedural instructions or working instructions with regards to licenses
- Developing of License management related KPIs
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or a comparable field
- Proven 10+ year experience in working in Information Technology / License/SAM Management – License Management certifications are of advantage
- You have strong knowledge in IT License Management & Governance as well as in Procurement, contract law or with license- and maintenance contracts. Good Knowledge in Finance & Accounting concerning License Management is a must.
- Experience in Project Management is a must as well as knowledge of ITIL processes
- You have experience in understanding and designing complex license management processes
- You have experience and knowledge with different license metrics as well as license usage rights of the major big vendors
- You are committed, reliable, structured, solution-oriented, self-organized and pragmatic
- Adherence to agreed timelines and excellent, proactive communication of any potential risk to the same is a must
- You have a "can do" attitude and welcome new challenges. You like working on multiple tasks in parallel and are ready to take on responsibility from day one
- You are an excellent team player who takes accountability and thinks cross functional
- Excellent skills in verbal and written English
- Strong negotiation skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.