Show All Results
Director M&A Integration
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Director, M&A Integrations, reports to the Head of Life Science M&A Integrations and is responsible for leading the end-to-end integration process and activities for select small to mid-size strategic deals within the Life Science Sector.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for assigned M&A projects, from deal close to business handover, keeping ownership and oversight of all integration workstreams.
- Builds and delivers a structured, focused integration strategy, process, project set-up and detailed execution plan, including key milestones and timelines. Adapts and recalibrates plans as the situation evolves. Outlines a clear roadmap and transition plan for handover and ongoing ownership within the respective business.
- Builds positive relationships and aligns with key partners and business leaders, mobilizing vital cross-functional teams and providing clear direction and oversight for accountabilities and assignments.
- Engages during Due Diligence and drives pre-close planning together with Life Science Strategy and Business Development, as well as Enabling Functions.
- Ensures people and organizational aspects (culture, org design, retention and engagement, capability identification and preservation) are appropriately considered, coordinated, and handled.
- Monitors and supervises integration progress against agreed-upon milestones and deliverables, to ensure timely realization of deal-specific value and synergies.
- Evolves the standard methodologies and represents LS on Integration Task Force for best-practice exchange
Location: Burlington, MA - Hybrid
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related field OR a finance degree with strong Life Science experience
- Minimum 8 years' proven experience in global, matrixed organization
- Minimum 5 years' demonstrated ability as a project manager or consultant
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategy, business development, portfolio management, investment banking or related field
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; good balance of strategic and operational strength
- Outstanding project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to work in an agile manner and change course; able to systematically work through ambiguity
- Networked, effective at building credibility, partnering and influencing stakeholders, both internal colleagues and external partners
- Strong business insight with knowledge of financial analysis and other return on investment analysis and key performance indicators
- Thrives in fast paced, matrixed and high-pressure environment
- Works independently, takes initiatives and makes fact-based decisions
- MBA degree
- Previous experience in integration role
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.