Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The candidate will be a critical resource using multiple analytical tools and techniques for identifying and solving business problems and to develop standardized methodologies aimed at improving ROI.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Sr Analyst is responsible for working on various analytics projects which in turn supports the company’s goals and strategy.
- Understand the business pain areas, design, develop prototype (POV) and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to answer key business problems.
- Hands on experience in building and implementing Advanced Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning (ML) and Data Mining Algorithms.
- Perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and deliver projects in conjunction with best practices.
- Collaborate with development teams and business groups or stakeholders to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution and can be replicated across multiple markets / countries.
- Hands on experience on big data environment, unstructured/structured data.
- Interact with key Business Stakeholders and identify the use case/problem statement solvable through data driven approach.
- Mentoring and nurturing the Junior analysts and data science interns within the team.
- Staying informed about developments in Data Science/Analytics and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
- PhD / Master’s in Economics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Management / B.E in computer science with 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the Advanced Analytics / Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Strong skills on analytics languages (Python, SQL, AWS, Palantir) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages.
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realize in practice.
- Programming –Python, SQL, AWS, Palantir, PySpark.
- Data Visualization – Tableau.
- Domain Knowledge – Life science and Healthcare (Preferred)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html