Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Scientist II with Millipore Sigma, responsibilities will include:
- Development of new products and applications to address needs of researchers within the protein and nucleic acid workflow
- Providing technical leadership on cross-functional teams supporting the product development process
- Interacting and aligning with various functional roles, such as Engineering, Marketing, Project Managers, Quality, and Manufacturing to drive project to completion
- Supporting adoption of new products in the marketplace by generating applications data & working closely with customers and commercial organization
- Presenting technical seminars at conferences, workshops, customer sites and webinars
- Working independently or collaboratively as part of a team to accomplish project deliverables
- Participating in strategic planning to identify areas for future product development in life science
- Designing, troubleshooting and conducting high quality experiments leading to the successful completion of product or application development
- Conducting experiments in a timely fashion ensuring completion within set timelines
- Precisely and accurately analyzing experimental results
- Utilizing subject matter expertise and critical thinking skills to solve complex problems
- Using comprehensive judgment and reasoning skills to draw conclusions from experimental results
- Preparing and communicating reports on both completed and work-in-progress to multi-disciplinary project teams or other internal or external audience
Who You Are:
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or other bioscience discipline with 3+ years of experience in an academic and/or industrial lab working in protein or nucleic acids workflows OR Ph. D. in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or other bioscience discipline
- Hands on experience with ELISA, Western Blotting, protein expression, protein purification & analysis, ultrafiltration and PCR
- Hands on experience across a range of life science applications (skills in the areas of protein biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology)
- Experience defining customer needs and developing new products
- Previous experience mentoring or supervising other laboratory scientists
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.