Show All Results
Head of Sales, Science & Lab Solutions, MY & SG
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Head of Sales, Science & Lab Solutions, Malaysia & Singapore is responsible for leading, developing, implementing and executing a sales strategy for the SLS organisation, which increases market share, achieves above market growth and empowers a high-performing commercial team to success. The role leads the development, implementation and execution of strategic and operational plans that optimise sales outcomes and market share in consultation with the SEA SLS Commercial Leadership Team.
- Set clear direction and vision for commercials team to achieved company objectives
- Develop business strategy in order to achieve short term goals and long- term business vision
- Drive the sales and marketing team focuses on customer needs, analyzes market trends, understands how they affect the current and future business, and responds proactively to secure long-term business.
- Build a high-performance team by hiring high quality people, training and developing them, providing ongoing mentoring and counseling, retaining the best talent through motivation and recognition.
- Seeking for new opportunities /initiatives within business point of view to drive long term business sales and growth
- Supervising goods supply from various supply points to ensure stock availability at Distributor's warehouses, and closely supervising stock levels at customers and ensuring that they are at acceptable levels.
- Supervising field force execution to ensure compliance with business conduct agreements
- Managing to achieve established market share and growth targets
- Provide leadership (direction, market feedback, recommendations, support, development) to field sales & marketing staffs and management as appropriate.
- Optimally drive and ensure the achievement of sales targets and company objectives.
- Foster and promote high levels of teamwork, motivation from cross-functional teams.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in scientific related field, Business Administration or related.
- Proficient spoken and written English.
- Basic understanding on laboratory market, chemical market & territory management.
- Excellence in English communication
- Have good knowledge on the assigned territories.
- Good knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, etc.)
- Proven record of interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Strong analytical ability
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html