Show All Results
Senior Technical Specialist, Multi-Modality Biologics Analytical Chemist (REMOTE)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This is a fully remote role that will cover biotech/pharma companies throughout the US. About 30% travel in the US; some international travel may be required.
An exciting remote opportunity has arisen to join the company as a Senior Technical Specialist, Multi-Modality Biologics Analytical Chemist within the US Technical & Science Solutions (TSS) team. You will be a primary scientific resource for providing analytical chemistry-focused consultancy, regulatory and thought leadership to the Millipore Sigma BioReliance customers. This independent position is responsible for analytical support to the product characterization (monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, therapeutic proteins, cell & gene therapy processes) and for ensuring the testing solutions needs of clients are met or exceeded. You will also work to identify emerging products, technology trends, custom requirements and support troubleshooting that will grow the business from allocated business accounts.
You will be expected to work independently and also in collaboration with commercial services and R&D Services, Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Quality Assurance. For this an expert-level consultancy position, it would be an advantage to have an advance working knowledge of current biotechnology manufacturing principles with focus on current analytical chemistry-based technologies used in support of pre-clinical and clinical development (Phase 1-3) of large molecules. This is a non-laboratory, customer facing position.
- Serves as an experienced consultant in the analytical testing used for the product characterization of large molecules such as biologics, live viral vectors, plasmids and vaccines for large pharma/biotechnology companies, and may also provide general scientific support for cell and gene therapy technology.
- Act as primary contact point for specific clients; providing technical input into relevant programs with ongoing scientific support to technically complex projects.
- Support to Sales and Operations business partners for major customer acquisitions by providing regulatory and scientific support, generate custom proposals to win new orders.
- Owns the scientific, technical and regulatory relationship with key clients.
- Represent Millipore Sigma BioReliance by attendance and speaking at key events and industry consortiums.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that MilliporeSigma BioReliance remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of Biologics; review and recommend potential technical developments to R&D, Development Services and Marketing team members.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within contract services and act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and/or client service.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related Life Sciences. Masters’ degree will be considered for applicants with extensive experience in the pharma/biotechnology field with focus on the current analytical methods used for product characterization.
- 5+ years of relevant analytical chemistry experience in biologics and/or vaccines manufacturing and/or analytical assay development and applications.
- Advanced technical experience in use of characterization and analytical chemistry methods for product characterization of large molecules (such as LC, Mass spectrometry, HPLC chromatography, electrophoretic methods, immune-based (e.g. ELISA, SPR), molecular, flow cytometry, and cell-based methods.
- Prior experience of working in a R&D, Quality Control, CMC/Regulatory or manufacturing environment of vaccines/biologics and/or cell & gene therapy processes.
- Experience working within a regulated (GMP) environment and ability to interact effectively with cross-functional areas, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills to effectively communicate complex scientific topics to customers.
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals.
- Strong client facing and negotiating skills required, as “voice of the expert” be able to effectively communicate and build working relationships with internal and external business partners.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.