Show All Results
Curiosity Cube Lead - India
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
About the role:
A career with our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You may also add a brief description of your department here (1-2 sentences). Life Science Sustainability & Business Social Innovation (SSBI) is actively redefining the space, taking an entrepreneurial approach to the practice rather than a risk-based approach. We work in three key areas: Sustainable Operations, Greener Products and Solutions, and Employee and Community Engagement (ECE).
Your role: The Curiosity Cube® Lead is responsible for the development and execution of strategic projects within the Sustainability & Social Business Innovation group of the life science business. The projects are often global in nature and require diverse thinking, flexible schedules.
This role will play an integral component in the delivery of our SPARK™ corporate volunteering program, specifically related to one of our key science education programs, the Curiosity Cube®, a retrofitted shipping container turned mobile science lab that travels throughout India with the goal of sparking curiosity in the next generation of scientists. The role includes, but is not limited to, coordination with vendors, management of the Curiosity Cube® (scheduling visits, coordinating volunteers, working with logistics vendors, city governments, schools, internal team members, etc.), advance planning work for upcoming events, marketing and communication of SPARK™, engaging employee volunteers and on-site support as needed, as well as summary reporting and analysis of trends within volunteering for the Curiosity Cube®. This position requires travel in India. Travel anticipated 50 percent, including weekdays and weekends.
SPARK™ is our global volunteering program that seeks to engage employees in making an impact within their communities in aligned projects. Our employees are able to volunteer with paid time-off for 16 hours per year. We have a clear goal to outpace typical corporate volunteer rates that hover between 20-25%, thus strong management and planning for the program is needed. We believe that the SPARK™ program has the ability to further positively shape our culture, creating an environment that supports our purpose and promise to solve the toughest problems in Life Science by collaborating with the global scientific community and increasing access to health for everyone.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with vendors
- Researching and selecting vendors for Cube build and design, as well as logistics management.
- Identifying locations for the Curiosity Cube® to stop and partnering with our logistics provider to execute the drop and pick-up of the Cube.
- Partnering with our Cube build vendor for maintenance of the Cube and any necessary repairs, as well as refurbishment on an annual basis.
- Advance Work
- Development of Cube schedule, taking into consideration large events, special events and facilities.
- Coordinating event logistics with event hosts, such as schools and community occasions.
- Recruitment of volunteers for each stop and Cube day.
- Local mini-marketing campaigns to draw awareness and publicity to the Curiosity Cube® w/relevant media.
- Internal communications related to the Cube, such as volunteer recruitment and program results communication.
- Employee engagement
- Coordination with offices on Curiosity Cube® events and opportunities.
- Employee volunteer training, scheduling and coordination.
- Event Management
- Ensuring a safe Curiosity Cube® experience for all visitors and volunteers.
- All required set up and teardown of experiment material.
- Ensuring proper supplies are available for visitors and volunteers.
- Fulfilling all media requests at events, including news interviews.
Who you are:
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to make data driven decisions
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Willing to provide constructive feedback in motivational way
- Willingness to work long and non-standard hours, including nights and weekends
- Consistency and high quality work output
- Professional and high standard of communication
Position can be based out of Mumbai or Bangalore
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.