Show All Results
Product Manager, Portfolio Innovation
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Based in Rockville, Maryland, you will have primary responsibility for the new technology services within the BioReliance® testing portfolio. You will be responsible for project managing development projects through our new service development process. You will coordinate across R&D, Quality, Operations, Regulatory, Strategy, Sales, Customer Project Management, and all functions to support implementation, launches, and ongoing innovation. You will work with business stakeholders to determine the strategic direction for new technologies, build the business cases to support strategic initiatives, and drive the implementation plans. You will be responsible for lifecycle management of current methods that could be replaced by new technologies, as well as pricing, go-to-market strategy development, and launch activities. You will obtain a deep understanding of customer needs as well as complex market and competitive dynamics and make recommendations to scientific and business leadership to increase growth of the business. You will prepare business cases in support of new service development efforts and will report performance regularly to senior leadership. You will have primary responsibility for developing global strategic and tactical marketing plans in support of new technologies. Ability to travel up to 20% travel, both domestic and international, will be required.
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Masters in a Life Science subject.
- 5+ years of strategic marketing, business strategy, business implementation, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences industry.
- Knowledge of technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and testing; credible discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders; able to contribute to thought leadership activities.
- Very strong project management and communication skills (previous experience of project management).
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization. Ability to lead through influence.
- Experience working in large multi-national organizations leading global project teams to implement business plans and drive new business to achieve ambitious targets.
- Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems.
- Masters degree in Life Science and/or Business.
- Knowledge of new technologies for biosafety testing.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel. Financial modelling experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Ability to think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; ownership mindset to solve problems and drive the business.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.