Show All Results
Head of Programmatic Digital and Social Advertising
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Digital and eCommerce division /MilliporeSigma is responsible for multi-billion dollars of revenue globally, and its digital marketing team, although nascent, has quickly proved to be a critical revenue growth driver for the division in particular and the entire Merck Group at large as well. We believe we are just scratching the surface and our best days are well ahead of us. We have high ambition and thus are on a path to double our current marketing investments within next 2-3 years.
We are looking to bring in an experienced digital media thought-leader who will help shape mid- to long-term roadmap for the digital advertising team responsible for all programmatic media types – Display, Video, Social, Mobile, Native, OTT/CTV or any emerging media. This is a senior, multidimensional role and is best suited for someone with: a) deep knowledge of digital media landscape (Programmatic platforms, programmatic direct, supply path optimization, etc; dynamic creative optimiztion; data management platform / customer data platform; other emerging, relevant technology), b) strong track record of leading teams and consistently delivering results in a digital and agile environment, c) highly collaborative with superior persuasion skills and . Additionally, the ideal candidate must be highly intellectually curious, think in frameworks, instinctively prioritizes outcomes over activities, navigate ambiguity and has excellent leadership and communications skills. This role works cross-functionally with data science, digital content, UX/UI design, and analytics teams as well as numerous business stakeholders.
- Create a vision and roadmap for the team at progressive budget levels – organization design & structure, hiring, priorities, measurement & KPIs, and team and individual goal-setting
- Develop and own media strategy, execution, measurement, and optimization
- Develop and own experimental design & execution; pilots & scaling
- Establish a clear learning agenda – identify and understand key learning questions and their impact on efficiency and effectiveness
- Build relationships with key media partners to achieve mutually beneficial goals
- Ongoing communication and alignment with organization leadership of media objectives, strategy, and performance
- Create thought leadership – use domain expertise to motivate the team to reach higher ground, author periodic in-depth white papers/POVs on complex topics and their evolution (e.g., ITP, GA4, cookie deprecation, etc.)
- Build and manage a team of ~10 knowledgeable, experienced and highly motivated people
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree and 6 years’ experience of progressively increasing responsibility in an advertising/media agency or in-house
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience of progressively increasing responsibility in an advertising/media agency or in-house
- No degree and 10+ years’ experience across media strategy & execution, either in-house or as an agency lead, with a deep understanding of media strategy and execution and programmatic
- Ability to translate business goals into solid, defensible media strategy; and manage execution, measurement, and optimization of plans
- Ability to prioritize based on evolving business objectives
- Expertise and experience in end-to-end media planning processes, deep knowledge of media planning platforms and technology (e.g., DSP, DMP/CDP)
- Knowledge of data sources and ability to use non-intuitive data-sets to build audiences
- Ability to influence through power of persuasion
- Focus on teamwork, relationship-building and influencing others with exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and cross-functional key stakeholders
- Degree in economics, statistics, engineering, business or any quantitative or analytical related fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.