Show All Results
Applied Sales Support Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Applied Sales Support Specialist is the primary point of contact for customized order processing forour Applied Customers. The emphasis of this role is on identifying and removing supply chain barriers from batchallocation through shipment.
Communicate customer requirements via accurate order entry, data management, and specification review.
- Provide proactive communication on the status of orders by monitoring from entry through shipment, with supportfrom Order Management and Planning, to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Support customers by proactively reducing the frequency of complaints through effective preventative actions,customized order processing, and order management techniques to drive strong business relationships and ensurebusiness and customer retention
- Confirm customer packaging configurations, and customer specifications using change control data to ensurecustomer expectations are met
- Offer alternate products and configuration(s) when the requested product is not available
- Develop solutions for customer inquiries, problem-solve to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Identify root cause and corrective actions to minimize customer impact
- Investigate and resolve the inquiry with the appropriate functional areas
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Call center experience
- Experience with SAP
- Some college or college degree
- Ability to create spreadsheets, formulas, and charts in Microsoft Excel
- Process improvement skills
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Quality Control, Packaging, Inventory planning or Manufacturing processes,Shipping (domestic and international), Accounting (basic principles of cost, profits, and margins for our business)
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and communicate effectively across diverse workgroups
- Able to develop a strong working relationship with key Applied customers and sales team members
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job duties and responsibilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adapt to changing processes/systems
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and track multiple activities
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.