Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist, Polymer Synthesis (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this position you work as a chemical lab technician within Life Science Services and will be responsible for the synthesis of biodegradable polymers which will be utilized for the production of drug delivery systems and innovative medications.
In this role you will be responsible for the evaluation, planning, execution and data analysis of complex polymer synthesis processes and experiments as well as the delivery of result reports and presentations. As an expert in this field you will bring extensive experience in polymer synthesis as well as polymer analytical methods (e.g. GPC, NMR etc). Taking advantage of your knowledge and expertise you will be part of a continuous improvement journey of our processes and will finally deliver on the goals of our team and Life Science Services.
Who you are:
- Bacchelor in polymer synthesis or related chemical subjects or apprenticeship as chemical lab technician with 3-5 years of practical experience
- High interest in detailed questions of polymer synthesis and the application thereof in drug delivery systems and innovative medications
- High ambitions to continuously improve processes and workflows to finally serve our customers´needs
- Effectively work together in a team
- You have the wish to take over responsibility for your work and take over additional special tasks within your team to go the extra mile
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html