Show All Results
Senior Project Manager
Work Location: Carlsbad, California
Department: EL-LSS Business Strategy
Recruiter: Calden Lewis
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
The charter of the Business Strategy function within the business unit Semiconductor Materials is to elevate a higher level of external orientation for our business through prioritization and focus, by deepening our market intelligence, enabling data-driven decision-making as well as constantly adapting our strategic direction, product and service portfolio, innovation pipeline and inorganic growth agenda to external market trends.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Serve as liaison and interface between Head of Semiconductor Materials and the executive management team (BULT) of the business unit, group functions, and other top executives within Electronics and Merck
- Lead decision preparation data analysis and documentation to assist Semiconductor Materials executive leadership team in decision-making and initiative prioritization, tracking and implementation
- Support and moderate BULT meetings including follow through on initiatives and action items
- Coordinate content planning and preparation for important Group commitments such as SD, LEAP, BAM etc.
- You will support the scoping, planning, execution, progress reporting and follow through on a wide range of business projects
- You will support the Business Strategy team
Who you are: You share our passion for and dedication to our customers and business. You understand that projects need to be well planned and that plans may change. You keep your focus when times get busy and multiple things happen at the same time, and you can set and act on reasonable priorities when targets are moving. You build on a solid academic foundation and a proven track record of performance working within matrix organizations, networking across multiple functional teams and various levels of leadership with demonstrated ability to lead stakeholders and influence contributors.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or equivalent related field.
- 5+ years of post-educational working experience in business roles. Experience in chemistry, material sciences, engineering or related field a plus.
- Experience with project management.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal form) in English with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting.
- Very Agile, shown flexibility and adaptability due to shifting landscape of priorities, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Independent work style.
- Experience with data analysis, budget management.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Degree in a business field of study, MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in a project management, change management or management role.
- Understanding of / experience in the semiconductor or electronics industry is a plus.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.